With all of the tragic events that have occurred in our schools, administrators are going the extra mile to do what they can to keep their students safe. The challenge of doing such a thing is making sure that the faculty and students feel safe, not threatened.
Oftentimes, all that is needed is a reassurance of safety. Not to say that there should be an illusion of it far from that. On the contrary, there needs to be some sort of normalcy for children while they get their education. At the same time, they should be reassured that they are far from harm.
A Cost-Effective Solution
The school administration doesn't have to bust its budget for loads of security and worry about having the National Guard on speed dial either. Sometimes, all it takes is just a little more efficiency to prevent unfortunate situations from occurring. One of the most basic ways to ensure safety is by supplying your faculty and students with proper identification (ID).
An ID for Safety? Really?
It can really be that simple. Many schools now have limited entry into buildings and have incorporated metal detectors. But without proper identification, it might be challenging to take control of a situation.
Specialist ID, a badge holder and accessory distributor in Miami, Florida supplies hundreds of educational institutions with ID accessories in the South Florida area. If you're looking for a smart way to better identify your students, here are 5 good uses for ID badge accessories.
- Field Trips It can be said that keeping track of one child is challenging. So keeping track of an entire school of children might be even more challenging! Attach your student's IDs to a bright and colorful breakaway lanyard that's easy to see. You can even order these lanyards in your school colors so that teachers will be able to easily identify your students.
- School Events Even for on-campus events, students need to keep their ID visible at all times. This way, faculty, and staff will be able to identify anyone who is NOT supposed to be on school grounds.
- Safety/Security This leads to the most important part of needing a good ID badge accessory. Safety. In order to keep students safe, faculty and staff need to be able to identify who is a threat and who isn't even if they are a student. Keeping student ID visible gives faculty, staff, and even security the information they need upfront.
- Check Out Library Books A student ID can now serve multiple purposes. Because of this, the ID definitely needs to remain easily accessible. Some schools have student IDs set as library cards too. Again, the breakaway lanyard would serve as a perfect cardholder here. With the breakaway, a student can simply snap off their ID and hand it over to the librarian to check out their books. He or she will be forever grateful.
- Pay for Lunches Some students receive vouchers to pay for their lunch. In such cases as this, a student's ID can be used as a library card with a breakaway lanyard as its holder.
In all seriousness, the main objective is to keep students safe. Specialist ID has several different options for lanyards. You can get them custom designed and even buy them in bulk at a lesser price. Contact Specialist ID today to discuss your options. Call us toll-free at 1-800-380-6726. If you're local to Miami, dial 305-220-5500.